Sunday, October 13, 2013

Welcome to the Journey

Welcome to D'aller Naturel.  Literally translated, it means "Going Natural."  That's exactly what I'm doing--going natural.

After receiving several burns to the scalp and developing permanent scars, I decided that it may be time to stop relaxing.  Trust me--this decision hurt.  Literally and figuratively. Relaxing has always been the easier option, the cheaper option, and the quickest option.  But it may not have been the right option (for my head).  So...my natural journey begins.  

I have relatively long hair as it is. Since the notion that I would have to chop of my locks utterly terrified me (I did it once and hated it), I decided that I was going to figure out hairstyles that would allow me to transition in REALLY SMALL increments. 

I should say that the last time I was natural, I was pretty young and my mother did my hair.  Rediscovering how to care for and style my natural hair has proven both comically disastrous and surprisingly enlightening.  I will try to post the different hairstyles that I try during this transition period, the care methods and products that work and those that don't.  I invite you to join me on this journey. Here's to new adventures!
      (3 inches of natural growth blow dry straight)

No comments:

Post a Comment