Saturday, March 29, 2014

Hairstyle 2: Crochet Braids - Pre-braided strands

This is the other type of crochet braids that I like to put in: pre-braided strands.  This is the easiest way I've found to get the same look as micros/Senegalese.

Like the bulk hair version, you can get these wet at anytime.  The downside to pre-braided strands is that, if you hair grows quickly, it will last closer to the 4 week range.  There is just no way to hide the new growth.

Here are a couple of examples for comparison:

1) Actual Senegalese Braids  - never again (ain't nobody got time for that!)


2)  Senegalese-style Crochet Braids: (hair brand/type = Biba Pre-lock Twist Braid)
As you can see above, this style is really easy to wear casual or for a special occasion.  I wore these for my wedding because it was a humid, hot, location and my honeymoon was going to be spent on the beach.  It was great waking up and not having to do anything to my hair!

3)  Micro-style crochet braids: (hair brand/type = KB LEO Micro Knot Braid)







These are bone straight pre-braided micros that can still be fancied up.

4)  The combo Senegalese braids: (hair brand/type = Biba Pre-lock Combo)




These are basically partially braided Senegalese with a deep wave effect.  I tend to prefer the curlier pre-braids as I can manipulate them better to cover new growth as it comes in.


The pre-braided Senegalese twists/combo can be found at:
http://www.superbeautydepot.com/Biba-Synthetic-Braid-Pre-Lock-Combo-Braid-16-p/bibaprelockbbraid.htm
https://www.superbeautydepot.com/Biba-Synthetic-Braid-Pre-Lock-Twist-Braid-p/bibaprelocktwist.htm

Other pre-braided styles, which tend to be harder to find, such as micros, can be found here:
http://www.gmbshair.com/crochetbraid1.html



2 comments:

  1. how many packs of the biba pre lock twist hair did you use?
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi JJ, thanks for stopping by! This blog has moved to www.dallernaturel.com if you'd like updated posts. But to answer your question, I use about 10-11 packs but that's because I have really thick hair so my cornrows tend to be bigger and require more braids to cover it. Plus, I prefer the fuller look. Some people only use 6-8 packs so it'll depend on the density/thickness of your hair.

      Delete