Thursday, April 24, 2014

Feeling the Shrinkage

By the time December 2013 hit ( 7 months post relaxer), I was really feeling the shrinkage.  When I began this journey, my hair was just past shoulder length, to about the top quarter of my shoulder blades.  I didn't measure with a tape measure so I can't give you the length in inches, though you can get idea from the picture below (yes, I know I'm leaning forward, so add about 1/2 an inch to the back).

After my blowout was essentially null and void, my hair seemed to be bobbing just below my chin. 

I knew it was coming.  I'd read it, heard it, been warned, and yet...I just couldn't get over how short it looked! Stretched out, it still went past my shoulders but it was not cute in it's current state (sorry, forgot to take a picture...probably too bewildered to remember).

Anywho, wearing it down doesn't seem to be much of an option, so I tried coming up with a style that not only hid the fact that my ponytail was relaxed, but that the front of my hair was frizzy (since it was straight). So I made a few single braids to the front, pulled them to the side and put the rest of my hair up in a bun.







Not my favorite look.  Because the ends of my hair are relaxed, the braids looked thick at the roots but too thin at the ends.  If I attempt this again, I may add some bulk hair for volume and to keep the thickness even.

...This hairstyle has potential...I'll keep working on it to see if I find a modification I like (gosh, so many flyaways!).

No comments:

Post a Comment